Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bustle Up! - DAY 8

Blame my shameless Madonna worship, circa 1985. on my skirt.
Or blame the skirt on Madonna.
Or just me.  
Yes I love and do wear this skirt. 
It does tend to knock things over and brush delicate kick-knacks off shop shelves,  but I just think it has a mind of its own and wants some attention.  
Sooooo back to the circus world.
The skirt is part of a Studibaker Hawk dress which was a big Sydney label during the 80s and considered expensive at the time at around $500+ a pop.  
Once upon a time it was a dress and someone has hacked the strapless bodice off the top and probably just worn that and hidden the sad, forlorn and outrageously huge skirt part away.
You might recognise it as a permanent decorative feature in the kitchen in my post pics, accompanied by its sister - a gold and black number - which has not been destroyed and fits me.
I spotted the skirt's garish fabric at a vintage market stall a few months ago, knew straight away what it was and picked it up for a few bucks.  It had no waist so I sewed a thick band of black elastic around the top to make a waist band - too easy!!
Also wearing a thrifted lace blouse and Forever 21 booties.
Messy hair, tick.









6 comments:

  1. It's a real shame that it has been butchered as the other intact dress looks totally amazing. Saying that it still looks wicked as a skirt & you've done a fine job re-inventing it.
    I love everything about this outfit, you look uber-stunning my dear!
    ...xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much lovely - I'm just so glad I managed to save it and give it the kiss of life:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is SPECTACULAR. I love it!

    Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Frances - it's pretty spesh eh? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just stumbled across your blog for the first time and think I may have found a soul mate, though one who is braver than myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you so much! I'll stop by for a visit too:) xo

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...