Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Day Nelly Came to Visit

Standing in the supermarket queue this morning in my nightie, my mobile rang and surprise, surprise, it was our lovely Nelly of Vintage Australia.
She was in Brisbane for her grand-daughter's eye operation (a success!!) and making her way over to squeeze in a flying visit to see me.
Scramble!!
Yes, I was wearing my nightie, but a 1930s little pink number with my 1920s tailcoat.
Nelly got to see the sort of thing I wear to the supermarket;).
This gorgeous woman is an angel.
She and her husband are the primary care-givers for their grandchildren and Nelly is full of love and compassion for her massive tribe.
She whirled in like a glamourous dervish with her beautiful daughter and her remarkable little 4y.o. grand-daughter - a breath of fresh air.



Nelly arrived with gifts.  Masses of them.  I took one look at this gorgeous leopard-print hat and decided it needed to be worn NOW!
Our tiny model was happy to pose for pics then needed to move back into the shade to protect her eyes.



At last we have some pics of this beautiful, glamourous woman.



Yes, I'm excited!



After the gals left proudly wielding their list of op shops to stop off at on their 380km drive home, I decided eye-liner was needed to wake me up to give you some close-ups of today's jewellery.



The gold crocodile bracelet is also from Nelly and I absolutely love it!  The earrings and Twin Peaks pendant are from Etsy and the hologram and agate/feather necklaces are from Original Seed's scrumptious shop.  She also makes kimonos in the most gorgeous fabrics!






Nelly, thank you so much for going out of your way to visit me, introducing me meet to two very special people in your life and for the beautiful vintage treasures.
They will be worn and loved.
Desiree xo

21 comments:

  1. OH DD you dont know how thrilled I was to meet you as well.
    Wish I could have stayed longer but was great fun anyway and thankyou so much again for Miss 4.5s gift it was something I wanted to buy her anyway.
    I love the pic of us giggling.
    We are not even to Nambour yet (and its 3.22pm already)after hitting a few oppies which I will blog about very soon.
    I will be home sometime but may not blog till tomorrow.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings a smile to my face today. So great to see bloggers meeting up. Yey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How freakin' awesome!!! Blogger meetups are the best,I'm jealous!
    I'm thrilled to see the two of you together!!!
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for bloggy friends! love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No! I want to meet Nelly tooo... and you !! not fair!! but I guess Melb to you all is maybe a tad too far for me this week. One day... one day soon I hope♥ You two looked terrific in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look fantastic.
    Did you go to the supermarket in your glamourous nightie, wowwwwwwww.
    You are my hero.
    Love you.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous she didn't visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nelly has great taste, I love that hat and croc bracelet! So nice when bloggers meet up in real life, you both look really happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Aquarius Woman Astrology

    "No generic shopping malls for the Aquarius woman – not a chance! She will more likely be found buying vintage pieces in thrift stores, piecing together individual outfits and unique looks. Never a fashion follower, an Aquarius woman is often positively contrary, swishing around in maxi dresses when minis are “in” and inspiring trends of her own. She has a gloriously eclectic personal style, and is unafraid to shock and dazzle her admirers with a daring top or an outrageous colour combination. Her favourite colours are bright and attention grabbing, like turquoise blue, hot pink, and emerald green.

    The Aquarius woman is not your average fashionista. In fact, she is not your average anything, and the only thing anyone can be sure of is that her style will be uniquely her own. It is also likely to be so out of step with everyone else that it is in fact visionary. Everyone will be wearing that next year.
    "

    Now if this is not describing you... !! You are simply marvelous. Lovely meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is gorgeous. I should dress like that when I go to the store! You're amazing. I love all the jewelry you have pictured. Your tiny model has quite an adorable outfit on, too. ^_^ Sounds like you guys had an epic day- awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also follow nelly's blog
    what a blessing for her to go visit you and give you goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that alligator bracelet, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't tell you how lovely it was to visit your blog today and see all three of you on there! What beautiful things Nelly chose for you, she's got your fabulous taste just right.
    You look fabulous in your vintage nightie, I bet the supermarket staff love seeing you in your finery. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great photos, great clothes and great fun! Am goingto check out Nellie's blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wahoo!!! You and Nelly together!
    Such nice pics of you two and 3 including 4.5. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, Nelly seems like such a sweetheart, I'm glad you two gorgeous gals had a fun day together!! Your outfit is just stunning, now there's a nightie that deserves to leave the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found your fabulous blog through Nelly's - you look incredible! Love the photos. Looking forward to reading your posts :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Desiree - please tell me you tap dance - your fantastic ensemble begs for it!

    What lovely pix - you all look so happy - I have only had one meet up with interweb friends and I became this shy, dumb-struck thing. It was so overwhelming to meet up in real-life - like meeting your favourite characters from a book. I was such a gonk - but here you all are having a fabulous time.

    I shall go and pore over Nelly's blog now.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how EXCITING! You both look so gorgeous - your nightie! your tuxedo jacket!!! - and what a delightful surprise to meet Nelly and her gorgeous little one.

    You look as though you are making an excellent recovery Desiree. HUGS.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You all look gorg, its always nice to see blogger meet ups x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely pictures of you both. Your jewellery is to die for, you always wear something interesting.

    Let me know if you want me to post you The Duchess of Duke Street DVD's. Both you and Sacramento wanted to watch them.

    Love, C xx

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...