Saturday, August 13, 2016

Still Getting Dressed in the Dark

There's a distinctive theme injecting this post, which makes me all-shades-of-green happy.
I continue my very public love affair with green and I'm pretty sure green loves me too.
In fact, I believe it's nature's Switzerland: it's neutral, easily makes friends and maintains the peace when matters get hot and fractious.
Clearly I'm pushing those boundaries with this sequinned top I bought at Shag Melbourne in May.
It's certainly received a lot of love and while visiting my eldest, he took one look at it and decided he needed it for our day-party adventures in doof.
I'm surprised I got it back.




King Street, Melbourne at 5.45am and off to get a few hours kip before invading the Prahran op shops.



OK enough of that.

I was feeling particularly bilious while wearing this shade of green glitter eye shadow for no other reason than I was about to be diagnosed with a horrible virus lasting seven weeks.
But I think my hair looks rather fabulous.



A friend gifted me these fabulous herringbone leggings and I wore them with shorts snapped up at Thriftin' On Clifton.  Don't miss out on the next one if you're in Melbourne on September 4, the sangria is yummy too!



I'm sure there are a few Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries fans reading this and Brisbane is incredibly lucky to have the Series 3 costume exhibition visiting Old Government House until September 4.
So when organisers put the call out for volunteers to help manage eager crowds, you couldn't keep me away!
Here are a couple of sneak peaks of 20s-themed outfits I've worn as a volunteer and I'll post exhibition and more outfit pics plus some Miss Fisher costume secrets in my next post.
Which will be uploaded at the exhibition's end.  
Not in a year.
That just wouldn't be fair right?

Desiree xox

20 comments:

  1. I'm right with you Desiree, green is the best, and I particularly love your comparison with Switzerland :) That sparkly eyeshadow is heaven, whilst a seven week virus must surely be hell? I've got a bit of a virus this morning. I reckon I caught it at the pub last night. I think the cure is lots of food today. Now let's talk about those snazzy tights and that absolutely gorgeous mermaid scalloped dress which you're going to leave me in your will? Best dressed attendant? I think so. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had many pairs of eyes lustfully planted on the scalloped frock, we were told to wear black or white (aka invisible) or we could go for a 1920s look. Well I simply had to dress up! Jeez pubs are grubby places - love 'em! Hope you've ditched the virus love xxx

      Delete
  2. Very excited to see you around! Missed your fun outfits <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's lovely to be back, I felt like I had something good enough to share xxx

      Delete
  3. Green is surely the best colour. I've been admiring that sequinned top on fb ever since you got it, what a find! Love love love that scalloped dress, very excited to see pics of the exhibition. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing an exhibition wrap up soon, it's only fair to all the Phrynne fans out there! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. need to see more of that scallop dress. Love Miss Fisher, and her clothes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lying in the floor of an amazing antique shop in a humongous barn in NZ. Couldn't believe my luck at 15 bucks!

      Delete
  5. Good to see you, Desiree! Hope you're fighting fit now, you certainly look it. Those tights and scalloped dress are the stuff of dreams!
    I do love green and I'm always on the hunt for a cheap and fabulous in-yer-face green eyeshadow after my last one crumbled away into dust. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to be here Vix, and the green eyeshadow must be sorted pronto! ����

      Delete
  6. Oooh lovely to see you, gorgeous! Lurve green and that scalloped frock is stupendous. You rock the green eeyshadow and yes...yes your hair does look rather fabulous there.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!Hi! You're looking fan-freaking=tastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emphasis on the freak please! Love ya babe! ������

      Delete
  8. I couldn't believe my eyes! I miss your posts. There is always something very uplifting about your presence.

    I loved the herringbone leggings! And the last two outfits are just gorgeous. Green is an amazing color - it was my favorite for many years. Now I can't decide which is my fave - love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww that is very kind of you sweetie. I have some experiences and little stories to share oh and outfits of course!

      Delete
  9. "It's not easy, being green..." unless one is the fabulous Desiree! Despite the bug, you're looking trim and chic! The green Miss Fisher petal gown is amazing on you, but then you can pull off the rear view in herringbone leggings, as well. Versatility is thy name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just have to call my self Miss Versatile then heehee!

      Delete
  10. Yah! You're blogging again :) I love your sparkly Adidas top - especially because you and your son can share the same top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird coz I really hate name brands but I guess coz this was 1. Green. 2. Sequinned. 3. Obvs a rip off. I had to have it! And so did Max it seems hahaaaa!

      Delete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...